Are you working at Chartered Fellow level?
At this level you’re typically shifting collective mindsets to create organisations that value people, and using your professional expertise to deliver long-term value for the profession. You work with a wide range of stakeholders to change and shape the way organisations think about their people, enhancing the collective well-being and success of organisations (and those who work for them).
Nature of your work: Your work will usually be entirely strategic in thinking and/or delivery, and require a significant level of complexity which delivers outcomes in the people profession.
How you use information: You'll develop evidence-based thinking on complex topics, which shapes the profession or drives complex people programmes.
Your influence and impact: You'll work with and influence a wide range of people across the profession and in wider networks and partnerships. Your work will usually create long-term value for significant numbers of people.
If this reflects your current role, you’ll also:
- positively influence people and attitudes in the people profession, working to ensure that organisations are fair in their treatment of people, and that diverse voices are heard and represented
- role-model integrity, making ethical and evidence-based decisions, and influence others to do the same
- be committed to your own CPD and the development of the profession as a whole.
CIPD membership grade: The standards in this level equate to Chartered Fellowship.
Interested in becoming a Chartered Fellow? Find out how.
Who should look at the standards at this level? If the descriptions at this level are a reflection of your role, then you should use these standards.
This may also apply to the following: Affiliate members who meet the descriptions above.
Explore the Chartered Fellow-level standards in depth
The standards inside the Profession Map will help you to:
- lead with confidence in a constantly-shifting landscape
- be recognised industry-wide as a thought leader, influencer and change agent
- promote the people profession and prove its value as a force for good.
This document (PDF, 933 KB) is your reference guide to good practice. It contains the full set of standards relevant to each level, and allows you to identify development areas for yourself, teams and others.
How to use the Profession Map to make your best possible impact
What you have to know to be considered an expert on people, work and change.
The way you approach your work, irrespective of role, sector or specialism.
Your best impact
The uniquely positive role you play in creating better work and working lives.